5 Best Travel credit cards in India: People in developed countries having stable high income go for a foreign trip every year. Same is not the case in countries like India given the level of income and costs associated with the travel. However, one can make his trip at a cost as minimum as possible if planned well. One of the ways to save more while travelling is using the credit card which is designed specifically for travel enthusiasts. Below are a few popular travel credit cards available in India:
American Express Platinum Travel card:
||1st year free
Rs 5000 from 2nd year onwards
||5000 rewards points redeemable for Travel vouchers worth Rs. 4000.
||1 point for every Rs 50 spent except for Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions.
|Spend linked benefits
- On spending Rs.1.90 lakhs in a year, one would earn 7,500 Spend Milestone Bonus Membership Reward Points redeemable for Travel vouchers worth Rs. 6,000
- 4 complimentary visits per year to 29 Domestic Airport Lounges in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and 11 other cities.
Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card:
||1st year fee
Rs 1500 from 2nd year onwards
||Yatra vouchers worth Rs. 5000 on swiping the Privilege Card thrice within 60 days of receiving it and is redeemable across flights, hotels and hotel bookings.
|Spend linked benefits
||Yatra Vouchers worth Rs 5,000 on the Axis Bank Edge website on minimum annual spends of Rs 2.5 lakhs
|Rewards & privileges
- Earn 3000 eDGE Reward Points on renewal of your Axis Bank Privilege Credit Card
- On any transaction over Rs. 2,500, contact the Bank to convert a big credit card purchase into EMI
- 2 Complimentary access per quarter to select MasterCard lounges
- Minimum 15%* off at Axis bank partner restaurants in India
- Fuel surcharge refund on spends at all fuel stations across India on transactions between Rs. 400 and Rs. 4,000. Maximum benefits up to Rs. 400 per month
Citi Premier Miles Credit Card
First year fee waived for Citi Priority clients,
||A variable interest rate ranging between 37.20% and 42.00% per annum
- 100 Miles = Rs 45
- 10 miles for every Rs.100 spent on airline transactions
- 10 miles for every Rs. 100 spent with partner merchants
- 4 Miles for every Rs.100 spent on all other transactions
- 3,000 Miles on Card renewal.
- 10,000 Miles with your first spend of Rs.1,000 or more on your Citi Premier Miles Card within 60 days of Card issuance
- No expiry dates for claiming the miles
Jet Airways American Express Credit Card:
||First year Fee: Rs. 5,000 plus applicable taxes
Second year onwards: Rs. 10,000 plus applicable taxes
|Rewards & Privileges
- 8 JPMiles for every2 Rs. 150 spent except for spend at Fuel, Insurance, Utilities and Cash Transactions
- Earn 16 JPMiles for every2 Rs. 150 spent for booking revenue tickets on www.jetairways.com
- 5% discount3 on Base Fare for revenue ticket bookings made on jetairways.com
- Complimentary visits to 13 Domestic Airport Lounges3 at 11 cities in India
- dedicated check in3 Excess Baggage Waiver3 of 5kg on Jet Airways flights within India
SBI Air India Signature Card:
|Privileges & rewards
- 4 reward points for every Rs. 100 spend on your card
- 20000 reward points as welcome gift on card issuance
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver on fuel transactions ranging from Rs 500 to Rs 4000 every month subject to a maximum of Rs 250 per month.
- Option to transfer outstanding balances from other cards and enjoy the benefit of lower rates of interest.
- up to 30 Reward Points for every Rs 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through airindia.com
- complimentary credit card fraud liability cover of Rs. 1 lakh on loss of card report
- Airport lounge access programme over 600 VIP lounges with unmatched advantage of complimentary priority pass.
- add-on cards for your parents, spouse, children or siblings above the age of 18