Fix Deposit Interest Rates 2021: Bank Fixed Deposit ensures that your earnings grow steadily and effortlessly. Its key features like attractive interest rates, multiple interest payout options, and zero penalty on premature closure make it the ideal investment for your hard-earned money.
A fixed deposit is a financial instrument provided by banks or NBFCs which provides investors a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account, until the given maturity date. It may or may not require the creation of a separate account. Wikipedia
The Banks offers a wide range of Fixed Deposits (FDs) that offer a good rate of return and come with various other benefits. Some of the features of Bank FDs include nomination facility, flexible tenure options, auto renewal facility, different interest payout options, loan/overdraft facility, Etc. It is very easy to open an Bank FD online and this can be done at the click of a button in a paper-free manner.
Top 10 Banks FD Rates 2021
|Name of Bank||For General Citizens (p.a.)||For Senior Citizens (p.a)|
|State Bank of India||2.90% to 5.40%||3.40% to 6.20%|
|ICICI Bank||2.50% to 5.50%||3.00% to 6.30%|
|HDFC Bank||2.50% to 5.50%||3.00% to 6.25%|
|Punjab National Bank||3.00% to 5.30%||3.75% to 5.80%|
|Canara Bank||2.95% to 5.50%||2.95% to 6.00%|
|Axis Bank||2.50% to 5.50%||2.50% to 6.00%|
|Bank of Baroda||2.90% to 5.30%||3.40% to 6.30%|
|IDFC Bank||2.75% to 5.75%||3.25% to 6.25%|
|Bank of India||3.25% to 5.30%||3.75% to 5.80%|
|Corporation Bank||3.00% to 5.40%||3.50% to 5.90%|
Fix Deposit Interest Rates 2021
|Name of the Bank||General Citizens (p.a.)||Senior Citizens (p.a.)|
|Yes Bank||4.00% to 6.50%||4.50% to 7.00%|
|IndusInd Bank||3.25% to 7.00%||3.75% to 7.50%|
|UCO Bank||2.75% to 5.00%||3.00% to 5.40%|
|United Bank of India||4.00% to 6.50%||4.50% to 7.00%|
|Union Bank of India||3.00% to 5.60%||3.50% to 6.10%|
|Allahabad Bank (now Indian Bank)||2.90% to 5.15%||3.40% to 5.65%|
|Central Bank of India||2.75% to 5.00%||3.25% to 5.50%|
|Indian Bank||2.90% to 5.15%||3.40% to 5.65%|
|Indian Overseas Bank||3.40% to 5.20%||3.90% to 5.70%|
|Bandhan Bank||3.00% to 6.00%||3.50% to 6.75%|
|DBS Bank||2.75% to 5.50%||3.25% to 6.00%|
|Andhra Bank||3.00% to 5.40%||3.50% to 5.90%|
|HSBC Bank||2.25% to 4.00%||2.75% to 4.50%|
|Syndicate Bank (now Canara Bank)||2.95% to 5.50%||2.95% to 6.00%|
|Duetsche Bank||1.80% to 5.50%||1.80% to 5.50%|
|SBM Bank||3.50% to 6.50%||4.00% to 7.00%|
TDS on Bank Fixed Deposit Interest?
Remember, that Bank FDs attract a TDS, if the interest amount is over Rs 10,000. Therefore, it is imperative that you plan your FDs accordingly. You can submit tax saving form 15g or 15h, if you do not want tax to be deducted by the bank on the interest income of the fixed deposits.
Apply Through Mobile Banking:
- Step I: Login to Mobile Banking and select the deposit option.
- Setp II: Select option Open FD
- Step III: Fill in the required account and nominee details
- Step IV: On confirmation, the selected amount will be debited from your Savings Account and your Fixed Deposit will be created instantly. You will get a web receipt of the Fixed Deposit booked instantly. The value for opening of the deposit and the rate applicable will be as per the date of request i.e. the day on which the Savings Account is debited.
- Step V: Post creation, the Fixed Deposit advice will be mailed to your registered e-mail id if you are registered for e-statement. In case you are not registered for e-statements, physical advice will be dispatched to your communication address. Also, you will be able to view the Fixed Deposit advice in Mobile Banking after one working day of deposit booking.