EPFO Started new Service, Now Generate Your UAN Yourself in 5 Steps. At the current time, UAN is compulsory requirement for PF contribution. At this time only employer can generate UAN of Employee. Now Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has started a new service. Under this employee can generate his own UAN by yourself. However, it is important to have a link from the mobile number to Aadhaar Data Base. Without this UAN can not be generated. You can give these numbers to the company yourself after joining a new job.
Content in this Article
How to generate your UAN yourself?
Five Steps are required for this. After completing these processes, you will have your Universal Account Number i.e. the UAN.
- Step 1: First of all you go to the EPFO’s member portal through the https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ link. Now please Click on Direct UAN Allotment Link.
- Step 2: When you click on Direct UAN Allotment, New screen appeared or new window will open in your computer, now you will need to enter your Aadhaar number. and Then click on Generate OTP (One Time Password). OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Step 3: Entering OTP and Excluding Disclaimer will show you the submit button. Click on the submit button to proceed.
- Step 4: Clicking on the submit button will be displayed on the screen, whatever your data feed will be based on your Aadhaar Number, like your name, father’s name and date of birth. Now you can give the other details requested on the screen by verifying this data. After this, after entering the captcha and exclamation of the disclaimer, click on the register button.
- Step 5: With the click of the register button you will be aligned to the UAN. Its message will appear on screen.
Why did the EPFO raise this step
- UAN is required for PF contribution at the present time. At current time only Employer can generate UAN of the Employee.
- Many Employees Join new companies every month. In this case, companies feel difficult to generate new UAN because their data base does not match the data. Keeping in view the difficulties of companies, EPFO has given new facility to allocate direct UAN aloft to Unified Portal.