HDFC Bank Saving Account: Check Eligibility criteria for open HDFC Bank Regular Savings Account. Any savings account will be designed to meet your day to day banking needs while giving you 24X7 access to your bank. you may apply online for HDFC Saving account. check more details for HDFC Saving account from below…
Features of HDFC Bank Saving Account
- HDFC Bank have Wide network of branches and ATMs to meet all your banking needs, no matter where you are located
- HDFC Bank have lot of types of debit card, Select from a range of International Debit cards as per your needs and avail a range of benefits
- Take advantage of exclusive discounts & offers through our online shopping portal
Benefits of HDFC Bank Saving Account
- Use HDFC Bank NetBanking, BillPay, HDFC Bank PhoneBanking and HDFC Bank Mobile Banking for all your banking needs
- HDFC Bank Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC) waived off for the first year for the first new Demat account
- Avail of facilities like Safe Deposit Lockers and Super Saver facilities on your Regular Savings Account
What are the features and benefits of a Regular Savings Account?
You will get some exclusive features and benefits with your HDFC Bank Regular Saving Account Like :
- HDFC Bank Bank conveniently with facilities like Net Banking, Phone Banking and Mobile Banking – check your account balance, pay utility bills or stop cheque payments all via SMS.
- Never overspend – Get Rewards HDFC Bank Debit Cards (metro/urban locations) or a Rupay Premium Debit Card(semi-urban & rural locations) with your Regular Savings Account.
- Enjoy a host of benefits and features on your Debit Card that always reflect the actual balance in your savings account.
- Personalised cheques with your name printed on each cheque leaf for enhanced security.
Take advantage of BillPay – an instant solution so you can pay all your frequent utility
- You may also make bill payments. Instruct for payments over the phone or through the Internet.
- Avail facilities like Safe Deposit Lockers and Super Saver facilities on your account.
- Free passbook facility for all account holders (individuals)
- Free Email Statement facility.
- Annual Maintenance Charge (AMC) waived off for the first year for the first new Demat account
What are the eligibility criteria to open a Regular Savings Account?
A Regular Savings Account is for anyone who is a:
- A resident individual (sole or joint account)
- A Hindu undivided family
- A foreign national
If you are a foreign national, you have to be residing in India for a period greater than 180 days and you have to provide us with:
- A valid passport
- A valid Visa
- FRRO (Foreign Regional Registration Office) Certificate
- Residential permit
HDFC Bank Minimum Balance Requirement
A minimum initial deposit of Rs. 10,000 (for metro/urban branches) / Rs. 5,000/-(For Semi-urban branches) / Rs. 2,500 (for Rural branches) is required to open a Savings Regular Account.
Please note: It is mandatory to maintain a minimum average balance in Savings Regular Account as follows
- For Metro / Urban branches: Rs. 10,000 Average Monthly Balance
- For Semi-Urban branches: Rs. 5,000/- Average Monthly Balance
- For Rural branches: Rs. 2,500/- Average Quarterly Balance or Fixed Deposit of Rs. 10,000/- for a minimum tenure of 1 year 1 day
If the required average balance is not maintained in savings account, the following non-maintenance charges will be levied:
|Balance Non-Maintenance Charges*|
|Metro & Urban||Semi Urban|
|AMB Requirement -Rs 10,000/-||AMB Requirement –Rs. 5,000/-|
|>=7,500 to < 10,000||Rs. 150/-||NA|
|>=5,000 to < 7,500||Rs. 300/-||NA|
|>=2,500 to < 5,000||Rs. 450/-||Rs. 150/-|
|0 to < 2,500||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 300/-|
plus taxes as applicable
AMB – Average Monthly Balance
|AQB Slabs (in Rs.)||Balance Non-Maintenance Charges* (per quarter) – Rural Branches|
|>= 1000 < 2,500||Rs. 270/-|
|0 – <1000||Rs. 450/-|
plus taxes as applicable
AQB – Average Quarterly Balance
Cheque book – Free – 25 cheque leaves per half year (1st April – 30th Sep & 1st October – 31st March). Additional chequebook of 25 leaves will be charged @ Rs 75/- per chequebook.
Passbook issuance* – Free
Cheques deposited returned unpaid – Charge of Rs 100/- per instance would be levied
|Balance enquiry – At branch||Free|
|Balance certificate||Current year – Free; previous year – Rs. 50|
|Interest certificate||Rs. 50 per instance|
|Account Closure (from account opening date)||Upto 14 days – Nil
15 days upto 12 months – Rs 500/- ( Rs 300/- for Senior Citizens)
Beyond 12 months – Nil
( w.e.f 1st July’13 )
|Photo attestation||Rs 100/- per instance ( Nil for Senior Citizens )
( w.e.f 1st July’13 )
|Address confirmation||Rs 50/- per instance|
|Stop payment ( request from customer not to honour cheque issued ) charges||Particular cheque – Rs. 100 (free through NetBanking), range of cheques – Rs. 200 (free through NetBanking)|
|Standing Instructions||Rs. 25/- per transaction plus remittance charge ( w.e.f 1st July’13 )|
|Unarranged overdraft||Rs. 100 per occasion + 18% interest pa|
|Old records/copy of paid cheques||Upto 1 year – Rs. 50 per record; above 1 year – Rs. 100 per record|
HDFC Bank Debit Card Charges
|Debit Card||Issuance Fee||Annual/Renewal Fee|
|Regular Card||Rs. 150||Rs. 150|
|Rupay Premium||Rs. 150||Rs. 150|
|EasyShop Women’s Advantage||Rs. 150||Rs. 150|
|EasyShop Titanium||Rs. 250||Rs. 250|
|EasyShop Titanium Royale||Rs. 400||Rs. 400|
|Rewards Card||Rs. 500||Rs. 500|
|EasyShop Platinum||Rs. 750||Rs. 750|
How to Apply for HDFC Bank Saving account
To open a Regular Savings Account you just have to follow either of the two procedures mentioned below:
- Request one of our bank representatives to contact you.Click Here to fill in your contact details.
- Download an application form. Account Opening Form (Individuals) After you download the form, follow these steps:
- Print and complete the application form
- Submit the form and the required documents at any of our branches.
For documents submitted at the branch, please give us a week to respond to your application.
What is the rate of interest I will earn on the balance in my Savings Account?
Effective 19th August 2017, Rate of Interest for Savings Bank deposits Accounts has been revised as below :
|Savings Bank balance||Interest Rate at present||Revised Rate w.e.f 19th August, 2017|
|Rs. 50 lakh and above||4%||4% (unchanged)|
|Below Rs 50 lakh||4%||3.50%|
How do I update my PAN number?
We request you to follow either of the following procedure mentioned below to update you PAN number:
1) Request through branch:
- Step 1) Submit a written request specifying your updated PAN number
- Step 2) Give a self-attested photocopy of your PAN card. (carry originals for verification)
2) Request through Netbanking:
We are glad to inform you that the PAN can be updated online from your NetBanking.
Please follow the below steps to update your PAN online :
- Log in to NetBanking with your Customer Identification Number and NetBanking Password (IPIN)
- Click on ‘Contact details’ on the top right hand corner & Select Edit Pan number / Click on ‘Add/Update PAN number’ on the Accounts tabs
- Update your 10 digit PAN
- Click on Confirm
1. The submitted PAN will be updated within 5 working days, post validation of the PAN with the income tax records.
2. In case of any mismatch of the submitted PAN with Income Tax records, the updation request will be rejected and customer will be intimated.
3. In case of any reject, the customer will need to visit the nearest branch with copy of the PAN card for updation on Bank records. Please note in some cases of difference in name on PAN Card, the customer may be asked to submit additional documents.
4. In the absence of PAN detail on Bank records, the interest earned on Fixed Deposits will be subject to penal TDS at 20% (if applicable)
Other HDFC Bank Articles