Import Export Code (IEC) in India – How to Apply?, Documents Required
Import Export Code (IEC): All about Import Export Code (IEC) in India, How to get import export code (IEC) number in India. Nowadays the trend for the import and export of goods have been very much encouraging sectors that youngsters are going to that sector as a career and earning huge incomes. The Import Export Code is a 10 digit code which is issued by the Director General of Foreign Trade which is under the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India. This article would clarify all the details about how to apply and how it works. Now you can scroll down below n check out more details regarding “Import Export Code (IEC) in India”
All about Import Export Code (IEC) in India
How to Apply for IEC Online?
1. Firstly go the website of Director General of Foreign trade on – http://dgft.gov.in/.
2. On the left hand side of the web page you will find a button called Importer Exporter Code (IEC).
3. In that you need to choose – Online IEC Application
4. On clicking that you will be redirected to a webpage where it would a new webpage where you have to choose Mode of operation as “Open already created e-IEC application or Create New Application”.
- Then you have to mention PAN, Mobile Number, and Email ID.
- Then click on the Generate Token option then you will get token on both – Email and Mobile which you need to enter.
- After entering the correct details, you need to click the Submit button.
- Then it will generate ECOM Reference No and you need to enter the details such as Address, City, State, PAN date, PAN issuing authority, Pin code, Phone, Email, Date of Establishment, Name of the person responsible, Bank Name, Bank Account Number, etc. relating to your establishment or enterprise.
- Then you need to make payment of Rs. 250 through online fund transfer from the banks list provided on the site.
- Then you need to upload the documents as mentioned below.
Documents which are required for Applying IEC Code
- Letter for application of the IEC number to be written and to be attached in writing of Letter Head.
- Application form in ANF 2A
- Bank Receipt of the payment made of Rs. 250
- Signature on all the pages of the application.
- Bankers Certificate in the Appendix 18A. It must contain the sign and stamp of the applicant which should be attested.
- Two Passport size Photos need to be given.
- The application needs to be submitted in Duplicate along with these documents.
This documents and the procedure is required for the application of the new IEC code. Incase of the IEC number misplaced or lost, the following needs to be considered.
- Copy of the FIR filed with the police for lost number.
- Copy of the IEC card issued.
- Affidavit on Rs. 20 stamp paper duly notarized by the notary.
- Request letter for the issue of duplicate IEC card on the letter head of the enterprise.
- Bank Receipt of Rs. 200 for the issue of Duplicate IEC code.
Other Relevant Facts:
- Only one IEC card needs to be acquired for the whole enterprise ( It will be valid for all its branches / divisions / factories / premises )
- If there is change in any of the particulars of the applications then the change needs to be submitted to the Director general of Foreign trade and if not submitted to the said authority after 60 days of the said changes then it will be deemed default and the IEC number will be cancelled.