HDFC FD Rates, HDFC Bank Fixed Deposit Rates 2020 – up to 6.90%
HDFC FD Rates 2020: HDFC Bank Fixed deposits have been a favourite investment choice for Indians for a long time now. They are safe, offer good returns and are easy to open and operate. Regular Fixed Deposit ensures that your earnings grow steadily and effortlessly. Its key features like attractive interest rates, multiple interest payout options, and zero penalty on premature closure make it the ideal investment for your hard-earned money.
The HDFC Bank offers a wide range of Fixed Deposits (FDs) that offer a good rate of return and come with various other benefits. Some of the features of HDFC Bank FDs include nomination facility, flexible tenure options, auto renewal facility, different interest payout options, loan/overdraft facility, Etc. It is very easy to open an HDFC Bank FD online and this can be done at the click of a button in a paper-free manner.
Key Benefits for HDFC FD Rates
A Fixed Deposit (FD) is one of the most popular financial instruments among the general saving public in India as it provides a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account. Fixed Deposit (FD) is the safest of investments that give high returns after a period. The interest rate on fixed deposits varies across tenures.
HDFC Bank offer you great rates, flexibility and security for your fixed deposits, with even higher interest for our senior citizens. Enjoy our facilities of booking your deposit through Net banking, and the facility of HDFCtomatic renewal. Minimum investment amount can be as low as INR 1000/-
Interest Rates for Regular Fixed Deposit
Mentioned below are the applicable Fixed Deposit Interest Rates for the mentioned tenures. The below mentioned Fixed Deposit Interest rates are effective from Applicable from 06th November 2018.
1. For Domestic & NRE*/NRO Retail Fixed Deposits (for amounts less than INR 2 Crore)
Applicable from 16th Nov, 2019 (per annum)
(Senior Citizen Rates do not apply to NRIs | Minimum tenor for NRE Deposit is 1 Year.)
|Period||< 2 Crore||2 Crore to 5 Crores|
|Interest Rate||Senior Citizen||Interest Rate||**Senior Citizen|
|7 – 14 days||3.50%||4.00%||4.00%||4.50%|
|15 – 29 days||4.00%||4.50%||4.00%||4.50%|
|30 – 45 days||4.90%||5.40%||4.50%||5.00%|
|46 – 60 days||5.40%||5.90%||5.00%||5.50%|
|61 – 90 days||5.40%||5.90%||5.00%||5.50%|
|91 days – 6 months||5.40%||5.90%||5.00%||5.50%|
|6 mnths 1 days – 9 mnths||5.80%||6.30%||5.50%||6.00%|
|9 mnths 1 day < 1 Year||6.05%||6.55%||5.75%||6.25%|
|1 year 1 day – 2 years||6.30%||6.80%||6.00%||6.50%|
|2 years 1 day – 3 years||6.40%||6.90%||6.10%||6.60%|
|3 year 1 day- 5 years||6.30%||6.80%||6.10%||6.60%|
|5 years 1 day – 10 years||6.30%||6.80%||6.10%||6.60%|
HDFC Bank FD Eligibility Criteria
- Both new and existing customers of HDFC Bank can open a Fixed Deposit.
- Following are the types of customers who can open fixed deposit accounts: Individuals, Minors, Proprietorship, HUF (Hindu Undivided Family), Registered and Unregistered Body, Cooperative Society, Trusts, Partnerships, NGO and, Private Limited.
How to Apply for HDFC Bank FD
- Apply Online
- You can also contact us and our Customer Care Executive will fix a service appointment with our Relationship Manager to help you with the application process.
Get details on eligibility criteria & documents required for HDFC Bank Regular Fixed Deposit
Below are the individuals and groups eligible for a Regular Fixed Deposit:
- Hindu undivided families
- Sole proprietorship firms
- Partnership firms
- Limited companies
- Trust accounts
A few things to note:
- An initial deposit of Rs. 5,000/- is required to open a Fixed Deposit.Effective 01st April 2010, PAN is mandatory to book Fixed Deposits if the total Fixed Deposit holding per customer id exceeds 50,000/-
- Easy investment with High Returns
- Great rates, flexibility and security – in one offering
- Higher rate of interest on Fixed Deposit for Senior Citizen
- Convenience of booking deposit through NetBanking