How to link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank Account, check out ICICI Bank Aadhaar Card Link Process: Check Step by Step guide for linking Aadhaar Card to your ICICI Account Number. Check out our exclusive guide for Aadhaar Card Seeding with your ICICI Account Number. The Reserve Bank of India has clarified that it is necessary to link the bank account with the Aadhaar. Information on Linking Aadhaar to your ICICI Bank account, Link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank via Online, Offline, SMS, Net Banking.
What was said in RBI’s Clarification?
The RBI said in its clarification: “There is some news in media about the RTI reply.” It is being said that it is not necessary to link the Aadhaar with the bank accounts. RBI wants to clarify that on June 1, 2017, the Central Government had released Money laundering Prevention (Maintenance of Records), second amendment rule 2017 in the gazette. Under this, it has been necessary to link the Aadhaar Number to the bank account. Banks apply this rule and do not wait for any order for this.
Steps to update Aadhaar in your ICICI Bank Accounts
Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank via iMobile
- Login to your iMobile app using your Internet Banking ID/ Password or 4 digit PIN
- Click Services > Instabanking Services > Update Aadhaar
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar Number > Submit the Request
Download Or SMS iMobile to 5676766 to get the download link
*Once you submit the number, we will call you to assist with iMobile activation. Please ensure that the mobile number is registered for mobile banking and has GPRS facility activated.
Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank via ATM
- Step 1: Swipe the card
- Step 2: Select language
- Step 3: Login with your ATM PIN
- Step 4: Select More Option> Aadhaar Updation in Menu
- Step 5: Enter 12-digit Aadhaar Number > Re-enter 12-digit Aadhaar Number > Submit
Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank via Net Banking
- Step 1: Login using Internet Banking User ID and Password
- Step 2: Enter 12-digit Aadhaar Number > Re-enter 12-digit Aadhaar Number > Submit
- Step 3: Use link http://goo.gl/SvtnSF to update Aadhaar in your bank accounts
Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank via Phone Banking
- Step 1: Dial our Customer Care number
- Step 2: From option menu – select your desired language
- Step 3: Press 1 for Banking Accounts
- Step 4: Enter your 16-digit Debit Card or 12-digit Account number followed by your PIN
- Step 5: Press 1 to update Aadhaar number after the Aadhaar Prompt is played
- Step 6: Enter the 12 digit Aadhaar number and confirm to update Aadhaar in your Bank accounts
- Step 7: Alternatively, you can also press Option 5 in “Self Banking Menu” to update your Aadhaar number or choose Option 9 to speak to the officer.
Link Aadhaar to ICICI Bank via Branch Visit:
- Step 1: Kindly walk-in to any of the nearest ICICI Bank Branch
- Step 2: Request for ‘Stay Connected’ form from Lobby Manager or ‘May I Help You’ desk.
- Step 3: Please fill in relevant details like Customer ID, Bank Account Number, Point No (E) Unique Identification Number (Aadhaar Updation)
- Step 4: Kindly furnish self-attested Aadhaar copy along with original Aadhaar card to the bank official for verification purpose.
Linking Your Aadhaar Card to Your ICICI Account through the Offline
Before commencing the process of linking your Aadhaar Card to your ICICI bank account, you will require few documents ready with you, including an original copy and photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, your ICICI passbook and the Aadhaar Card linking form that can be downloaded from the ICICI website or you may get that form form ICICI Branch.
Now you will require to fill information required in the form by entering the name and address of your branch, your ICICI account number, your name and address as printed on the Aadhaar Card, and your Aadhaar Number or aadhar UID number. Now Attach A photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form. After you have completed entering the necessary details, you will be required to visit to your bank branch to submit the application to a representative or official of the bank.
Bank will verify your details and The bank will accept the original Aadhaar Card along with a photocopy and will then start the verification process, cross-checking the information you have provided with the information on the Aadhaar database. If the details match, the processing of your application will begin, and once that has been completed, you will receive a notification from the bank at your registered mobile number that your Aadhaar Card has been successfully linked to your ICICI account.