How to Link HDFC Credit Card to Aadhaar Card – Step by Step guide
How to Link HDFC Credit Card to Aadhaar Card: As per the new govt rules, it is important to link credit card to the Aadhaar Card, If you have a HDFC Bank credit card, you will also have to link your HDFC credit card to the Aadhaar Card by March 31, 2018. Hello friends Your HDFC credit card may get blocked after March 31, 2018, if you fail to link your 12-digit Aadhaar number to it by the revised date. If you have already linked Aadhaar number to your HDFC savings account, then there is no need to worry. But if you have not linked Aadhaar to HDFC credit card offered by a bank wherein you do not hold any Current & Savings Account, then do that before the last date to enjoy uninterrupted services. In case you are unaware of the ways to link Aadhaar to a HDFC credit card, you can learn those in this article. So, without any further delay, let’s discuss about step by step guide fir the linking process.
How to Link HDFC Credit Card to Aadhaar Card
- Visit the nearest HDFC Bank branch of your credit card with both original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card
- Now Request for Aadhaar Seeding Form or Aadhaar Linking Form AT HDFC Bank Branch
- Now Fill your Aadhaar Details and HDFC credit card details
- Sign the form
- Submit the duly signed form to the HDFC branch official
- The official will verify Aadhaar details from the original and send to HDFC Bank Head quarter of form for further processing
- Only when the details are successfully verified, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number stating the linkage of Aadhaar with HDFC credit card..
- Contact HDFC Bank Customer Care 1800 266 4332 (Tier-1 Cities) / 1800 266 4332 (Other Cities)
- Go through the menus and choose Aadhaar Seeding
- You may be asked to type your HDFC credit card number on the call
- Now Customer care would be asked to enter and re-enter your 12-digit biometric authentication number i.e Aadhaar Number.
- Your details would processed by your HDFC credit card bank
- Upon successful verification, you will get an SMS notifying a linkage of Aadhaar with a HDFC credit card
- Customers can Use HDFC SMS banking services
- Type Aadhaar Number and HDFC credit card number in a prescribed format
- Send it to a specific number which you can know by calling the customer care executive or a HDFC branch official
- Subsequent to successful verification of the details, the Aadhaar will get linked to your HDFC credit card
- Visit official HDFC Credit car website i.e https://netbanking.hdfcbank.com/netbanking/
- Now click on login button from menu
- Enter your username and password
- Now Click on Request tab and then you can see “Update Aadhaar Link”
- Select the account to which you would like to link your Aadhaar Number
- Now Enter you Aadhaar Number
- Now click on “Submit Button”
Link Aadhaar to HDFC Bank via HDFC Website
- Step 1: Get your Aadhaar number, PAN number, Bank Customer ID, and Bank Account number.
- Step 2: Click on Aadhaar Linkage Form
- Step 3: Fill the details and Mobile number registered with the bank account.
- Step 4: You will receive an SMS with OTP.
- Step 5: Enter the OTP and click on ‘Submit’
FAQs on Linking Your Aadhaar Card to HDFC Bank Credit Card
My Aadhaar number is already linked with some other Bank, do I still have to link Aadhaar number with my HDFC Bank account?
- Yes, as per the new amendment in PMLA rules by the Government, all accounts should be linked with Aadhaar before 31st Mar’18; failing which the accounts will become inoperative till the time the Aadhaar number is submitted in the said accounts. Request you to kindly update your Aadhaar number in all your Bank accounts.
- In case a family member is a joint holder in your account, you are requested to update their Aadhaar number in the said account.
I have applied for my Aadhaar number but have still not received the same
- Every person who has applied for Aadhaar, is issued an Enrolment Acknowledgement Slip. Using the enrolment id and details mentioned in this acknowledgement slip, the person can download an e-Aadhaar from UIDAI website (website:https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/)
I do not have Aadhaar Number
- In case a customer does not have Aadhaar number, they need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center to apply for the same.
- Click here for Aadhaar Enrolment & Update Centres in Banks & Post offices
Do I need to update Aadhaar for Minor accounts
- Yes, Linking of Aadhaar is applicable for all accounts, Customer can do it through NetBanking / Mobile Banking or by visiting nearest branch
Is Aadhaar applicable to Non-residents?
- In case a customer is a non-resident, Aadhaar is not applicable / mandatory.
I am a foreign national working in India. Is it mandatory for me to link Aadhaar number in bank records?
- In case a customer is a foreign national / NRI / NRO / Expats, Aadhaar linking is not applicable.
- Quick and Easy Ways to link your Aadhaar Number link now
- link Aadhaar Card to SBI Account
- link Aadhaar Card to PNB Bank Account
- link Aadhaar Card to BOI
- How to link Aadhaar Card to BOB
- Link Aadhaar Card to HDFC Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Indusind Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to IDBI Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Union Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Federal Bank
- How to link your Credit Card to Aadhaar Card