How to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account by Online, Offline, ATM
SBI Aadhaar Card link, How to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account: The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has clarified that it is necessary to link the bank account with the Aadhaar. RBI has also said that the bank should implement this without waiting for any order. RBI’s cleaning has come because in some media reports it was claimed that the decision of linking bank accounts based on the basis of the Reserve Bank of India has nothing to do with it. Now check step by step guide for linking Aadhar card with SBI Bank account from below….
What was said in RBI’s Clarification?
The RBI said in its clarification: “There is some news in media about the RTI reply.” It is being said that it is not necessary to link the Aadhaar with the bank accounts. RBI wants to clarify that on June 1, 2017, the Central Government had released Moneylendering Prevention (Maintenance of Records), second amendment rule 2017 in the gazette. Under this, it has been necessary to link the Aadhaar Number to the bank account. Banks apply this rule and do not wait for any order for this.
What is the last date for Aadhaar Linking with Bank Accounts
Need to link till March 31
- In June this year, by issuing the notification on behalf of the Central Government it was said that it has become necessary to link the Aadhaar with the bank account.
- If you have an account in any bank, by 31 March 2018 you will need to link your account to the Aadhaar Card. If you do not link the account, then you will get a problem with the transaction. Your account can also be closed.
How to link Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Account Online
Aadhaar can be linked to your existing account in any of the following simple an easy ways:
Link Aadhaar to your State Bank of India accounts (Customer No./ CIF)
- This link facilitates all SBI customers to link their Aadhaar to State Bank of India Account(s) online (Mode of Operation- Single and Joint)
- You can also link your Aadhaar using one of the below options:
- Online Banking: If you are an Internet Banking user, you can link your Aadhaar using this option under e-Services.
- Branch: You can visit nearest State Bank of India branch with a Aadhaar copy to link it to your account.
Aadhaar Linking through SBI Internet Banking portal
- If you are an internet banking user, then you can log into www.onlinesbi.com and access the link “Link your Aadhaar number” under “My Accounts“, appearing on the left panel of the screen.
- On clicking the above link, you will be directed to a screen where you have to select the Account number, input the Aadhaar number and click on Submit.
- The last 2 digits of registered mobile number (non-editable) will be displayed to the customer.
- Status of mapping will be advised to the Customer’s registered mobile number.
Aadhaar Linking through ATM channel
- You can access any of our ATMs and link your Aadhaar with SBI Bank account.
- After swiping the ATM card and entering your PIN, Select the menu “Service – Registrations“
- In this menu, select Aadhaar Registration (or Inquiry as per your need)
- You can now select the Account type (Savings/Checking) after which you will be asked to enter your Aadhaar number. You will be prompted to re-enter the same.
Aadhaar Linking through SMS
- If your mobile number is registered with the SBI Bank, then you can send SMS to 567676 in the following format UID(space)Aadhaar number(space)Account number
- If the mobile number is not registered or in case the Aadhaar is already linked to Account, an SMS reply will be sent to you.
- If your mobile number is registered with the Bank, you will receive an SMS confirmation of the Aadhaar Linking request.
- The Aadhaar number will be verified by Bank with UIDAI. In case it fails verification, SMS will be sent to Customer to contact any SBI branch along with Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
Aadhaar Linking through Branch
- Customer visits any SBI branch with a copy of his/her Aadhaar number or e-aadhaar.
- At the branch, a Letter of Request will be obtained from customer along with the Xerox copy of Aadhaar letter.
- After necessary verification, the linking will be done by the branch. An SMS will be sent to customer’s registered mobile number regarding the status of seeding.
Linking Your Aadhaar Card to Your SBI Account through the Offline
Before commencing the process of linking your Aadhaar Card to your SBI bank account, you will require few documents ready with you, including an original copy and photocopy of your Aadhaar Card, your SBI passbook and the Aadhaar Card linking form that can be downloaded from the SBI website or you may get that form form SBI Branch.
Now you will require to fill information required in the form by entering the name and address of your branch, your SBI account number, your name and address as printed on the Aadhaar Card, and your Aadhaar Number or aadhar UID number. Now Attach A photocopy of your Aadhaar Card with the form. After you have completed entering the necessary details, you will be required to visit to your bank branch to submit the application to a representative or official of the bank.
Now bank will verify your details and The bank will accept the original Aadhaar Card along with a photocopy and will then start the verification process, cross-checking the information you have provided with the information on the Aadhaar database. If the details match, the processing of your application will begin, and once that has been completed, you will receive a notification from the bank at your registered mobile number that your Aadhaar Card has been successfully linked to your SBI account.
- SBI Credit Card Status
- SBI UPI App
- UPI App Download
- SBI Merger Queries
- How To Link Pan Card With SBI Account
- SBI Balance Enquiry Number
- SBI Credit Card Unnati
- BOI Aadhaar card Link
- How to link Aadhaar Card to BOB
- HDFC Bank Aadhaar card Link
- ICICI Bank Aadhaar card Link
- Indusind Bank Aadhaar card Link
- Axis Bank Aadhaar card Link