How to Link SBI Credit Card to Aadhaar Card: As per the new govt rules, it is important to link credit card to the Aadhaar Card, If you have a SBI Bank credit card, you will also have to link your SBI credit card to the Aadhaar Card. If you have already linked Aadhaar number to your SBI savings account, then there is no need to worry.
But if you have not linked Aadhaar to SBI credit card offered by a bank wherein you do not hold any Current & Savings Account, then do that before the last date to enjoy uninterrupted services. In case you are unaware of the ways to link Aadhaar to a SBI credit card, you can learn those in this article. So, without any further delay, let’s more discuss about step by step guide fir the linking process.
How to Link SBI Credit Card to Aadhaar Card
- Visit the nearest SBI Bank branch of your credit card with both original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card
- Now Request for Aadhaar Seeding Form or Aadhaar Linking Form AT SBI Bank Branch
- Now Fill your Aadhaar Details and SBI credit card details
- Sign the form
- Submit the duly signed form to the SBI branch official
- The official will verify Aadhaar details from the original and send to SBI Bank Head quarter of form for further processing
- Only when the details are successfully verified, you will receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number stating the linkage of Aadhaar with SBI credit card.
- Ring the 24×7 customer care number – 1800 180 1290 or Dial 39020202 (prefix local STD code)
- Place your request for linking Aadhaar with a credit card
- The customer care executive would ask you to enter credit card details on the IVR
- Now The customer care executive would ask you to enter Aadhaar Details
- As soon as the details get verified successfully, you would receive an SMS saying the linkage of Aadhaar with a credit card
- Customers can Use SBI SMS banking services
- Type Aadhaar Number and SBI credit card number in a prescribed format
- Send it to a specific number which you can know by calling the customer care executive or a SBI branch official
- Subsequent to successful verification of the details, the Aadhaar will get linked to your SBI credit card
Shopping via an SBI Credit Card? Want to link Aadhaar with the same to enjoy uninterrupted shopping? Then, follow the steps as advised under various linking modes.
- Visit official SBI Credit car website i,e https://www.sbicard.com OR VISIT
- Now click on login button from menu
- Enter your username and password
- Now Click on My Account and then you can see “Update Aadhaar Link”
- Now Enter you Aadhaar Number and Name as per Aadhaar Card”
- Now click on “Submit Button”
- Upon successful verification, you will get an SMS notifying a linkage of Aadhaar with a credit car
- Go to the nearby State Bank of India branch with an original and photocopy of Aadhaar Card
- Ask for Aadhaar Registration Form or Aadhaar Seeding Form
- Enter your Aadhaar Number and credit card details
- Affix your signature in the prescribed space
- Submit the form
- The SBI official will process your Aadhaar Linking request with a credit card
- You will receive an SMS the moment the linking is done successfully
FAQs on Linking Your Aadhaar Card to SBI Bank Credit Card
My Aadhaar number is already linked with some other Bank, do I still have to link Aadhaar number with my SBI Bank account?
- Yes, as per the new amendment in PMLA rules by the Government, all accounts should be linked with Aadhaar before 31st Mar’18; failing which the accounts will become inoperative till the time the Aadhaar number is submitted in the said accounts. Request you to kindly update your Aadhaar number in all your Bank accounts.
- In case a family member is a joint holder in your account, you are requested to update their Aadhaar number in the said account.
I have applied for my Aadhaar number but have still not received the same
- Every person who has applied for Aadhaar, is issued an Enrolment Acknowledgement Slip. Using the enrolment id and details mentioned in this acknowledgement slip, the person can download an e-Aadhaar from UIDAI website (website:https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/)
I do not have Aadhaar Number
- In case a customer does not have Aadhaar number, they need to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrollment center to apply for the same.
- Click here for Aadhaar Enrolment & Update Centres in Banks & Post offices
Do I need to update Aadhaar for Minor accounts
- Yes, Linking of Aadhaar is applicable for all accounts, Customer can do it through NetBanking / Mobile Banking or by visiting nearest branch
Is Aadhaar applicable to Non-residents?
- In case a customer is a non-resident, Aadhaar is not applicable / mandatory.
I am a foreign national working in India. Is it mandatory for me to link Aadhaar number in bank records?
- In case a customer is a foreign national / NRI / NRO / Expats, Aadhaar linking is not applicable.
- Quick and Easy Ways to link your Aadhaar Number link now
- link Aadhaar Card to SBI Account
- link Aadhaar Card to PNB Bank Account
- link Aadhaar Card to BOI
- How to link Aadhaar Card to BOB
- Link Aadhaar Card to HDFC Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to ICICI Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Indusind Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Axis Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to IDBI Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Union Bank
- Link Aadhaar Card to Federal Bank
- How to link your Credit Card to Aadhaar Card